Definition of Commonwealth:
A nation, state, or other political unit: as
a: one founded on law and united by compact or tacit agreement of the people for the common good
b: one in which supreme authority is vested in the people
Definition of Autocracy:
The authority or rule of an autocrat
a : government in which one person possesses unlimited power
b : a community or state governed by autocracy
(Definitions from Merriam-Webster Dictionary)
Using the above definitions, it is clear that the United States is a “commonwealth”. During the Bush/Cheney years, our government was heading towards an “autocracy.
Ah, the so-called “liberal” media, ha, ha, is reaching for straws when it comes to finding something to criticize President Barack Obama. David Letterman sets them straight…
Teleprompter vs No-teleprompter
Former President George W. Bush would have benefited from using a teleprompter.
It is now irrelevant whether Senator Specter beats that right wingnut,Toomey, during the Pennsylvania primary in 2010 because he is about to lose the support of Labor and Democrats during the general election. Specter plans on voting against the Employee Free Choice Act which is a vote against Unions and Labor, both of which are very strong in Pennsylvania. Woo hoo! Looks like the voters will force retirement on Arlen Specter in 2010. More on this story at Huffington Post here.
My Pet Peeve – Animal abuse.
Now, I don’t have anything against Kentucky Fried Chicken except for their source of chicken. Their commercial clearly shows that KFC, purchases their chicken from Tyson Foods which is one of the leaders in animal brutality. There is no reason to torture a chicken like they do at Tyson Foods…
Then there is the Rush Limbaugh “I want Obama to fail” group and other critics of President Obama’s budget. What I want to know is “what would John McCain do if he was elected President”? I doubt if more tax cuts for the rich would get us out of this financial mess.
Now for some humor from Joke of the Day
Top 9 Signs Your Cat Has Learned Your Internet Password
9. E-mail flames from some guy named “Fluffy.”
8. Traces of kitty litter in your keyboard.
7. You find you’ve been subscribed to strange newsgroups like alt.recreational.catnip.
6. Your mouse has teeth marks in it… and a strange aroma of tuna.
5. Hate-mail messages to Apple Computers, Inc. about thier release of “CyberDog.”
4. Your new ergonomic keyboard has a strange territorial scent to it.
3. You keep finding new software around your house like CatinTax and WarCat II.
2. On IRC you’re known as the IronMouser.
and the #1 Sign Your Cat Has Learned Your Internet Password…
1. Little kitty carpal-tunnel braces near the scratching post.