- Sarah Palin and John McCain are so proud of calling themselves “mavericks”. Here’s the definition of “maverick”: (American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language)
- An unbranded range animal, especially a calf that gets separated from its mother, traditionally considered the property of the first person who brands it.
- One that refuses to abide by the dictates of or resists adherence to a group; a dissenter.
- You can make up your own mind about which definition is more fitting to either or both of the GOP candidates. Neither definition is flattering nor do they indicate an interest in working in a bi-partisan manner when governing. If one is a “dissenter” maverick, then that would explain the connection between Sarah Palin and the Alaska Independent Party and Iran. The unbranded range animal could explain why McCain got branded by the lobbyist that found him and now consider him to be their property. Using these definitions, I would agree that both John McCain and Sarah Palin are mavericks.
- During the 2nd Presidential debate, John McCain referred to Barack Obama as “that one”. Such a childish and disrespectful remark from someone that considers himself to be an adult and wants to be elected our next President. If I was an undecided voter, this comment would have pushed me away from the McCain camp and I probably wouldn’t have heard a word that he said after this remark.
- The author of the anti-Obama smear book, Jerome Corsi got deported from Kenya. Too funny. Guess pay back is a bitch.
- Jerome Corsi arrived at a downtown Nairobi hotel to present his book “The Obama Nation.”But he was whisked away by immigration officials and later driven to the airport by police, witnesses said. “It happened so fast, they just vanished with him,” a hotel worker told Reuters.
- One Obama fan in Nairobi, Jack Okinyi, applauded Corsi’s expulsion. “His actions were highly provocative, that he dared bring such a book here. He was lucky that the authorities got him before Kenyans got their hands on him,” he said.
- If you are considering opposing the war in Iraq or the death penalty, you may want to rethink doing this. The Maryland Police added the names and personal information of non-violent activists to the surveillance databases that track terrorists.
- How well is this secret spying on citizens working in identifying the terrorists? Not too well according to a government report.
- The most extensive government report to date on whether terrorists can be identified through data mining has yielded an important conclusion: It doesn’t really work.
- But the authors conclude the type of data mining that government bureaucrats would like to do–perhaps inspired by watching too many episodes of the Fox series 24–can’t work. “If it were possible to automatically find the digital tracks of terrorists and automatically monitor only the communications of terrorists, public policy choices in this domain would be much simpler. But it is not possible to do so.”
- Read the complete article at CNET…
- The Republic of Lakotah needs our help. This is the poorest nation within the borders of the United States. What was done to the Indigenous people of this continent is a crime. At the 2nd Presidential debate, there was discussion regarding how to and when to intervene in government sponsored genocide. The demise of the First People is a form genocide and it is the gorilla in the room that nobody wants to talk about let alone do anything about.
• MORTALITY Lakotah men have a life expectancy of less than 44 years, lowest of any country in the World (excluding AIDS) including Haiti.
• Lakotah death rate is the highest in the United States.
• The Lakotah infant mortality rate is 300% more than the U.S. Average.
• Teenage suicide rate is 150% higher than the U.S national average for this group.
- If you are interested in learning about the history of the Indigenous people from their point of view, I recommend this book: Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee. I read this book years ago and I cried during every chapter. It is not for the faint of heart. Don’t take just my word for this genocide, read what others have to say.
Rain Dance, beautiful music along with wonderful dancing.
It is now 27 days until the November 4 General Election. Be sure to vote and we encourage the voters in Pennsylvania to visit the Candidates’ Page. Get to better know a candidate from your district!