With Barack Obama winning the majority of delegates, he will be the nominee for the Democratic Party. Hillary Clinton wants to campaign to the end as an example to other, younger women, that it is possible for a woman to become president of the United States. Even though Clinton doesn’t have enough and won’t have enough delegates, she has shown strength, endurance and courage and that she can “run with the big dogs”.
As we prepare to win the general election in November, some of you may be asking the question, “What can I do?” There are many things that each of us can do to ensure a win in November. Here are a few:
- Sign up as a volunteer with the Obama campaign.
- Become a Democratic Precinct Committee person.
- Reach out to your neighbors by organizing a house party/picnic or block party. All politics are local and your sphere of influence is strongest among people that you know or that live in your neighborhood.
- Invite your local State Legislative candidate or candidate for Congress to this house party/picnic or block party as a way of getting people to attend. Let your guests know that they will have an opportunity to meet their local legislator or Congressman.
- Help at the polls on Election Day. There are several things that you can do at the polls. You can get a certificate to be a “Poll Watcher” and work inside the polls or you can help outside the polls by handing out literature and talking to voters.
- Volunteer to provide rides to the polls for people that need transportation.
- Call your local County Democratic Party and ask them for more details or email us at paforchange.gmail.com and we will provide more details.
Barack Obama will need more Democrats in Congress to support the “Change” that we are working for.
Here are three candidates that we need to elect:
- Bob Roggio to replace Jim Gerlach (R) in the PA 6th Congressional District.
- Sam Bennet to replace Charles Dent (R) in the PA 15th Congressional District.
- Bruce Slater to replace Joe Pitss (R) in the PA 16th Congressional District.
We also need to re-elect Tim Holden in the PA 17th Congressional District.
Links to these Congressional Candidates websites are posted on the “Candidate Websites” page.
Some local Democratic Groups that you can get involved with:
With everyone’s help, we will win in November, “Yes, we can”.
2 replies on “What Can I Do?”
I think I will politely decline the Obama invitation. There are plenty of other good, traditional Democrats running.
Check out this story… this is a riot. Wonder what “points” will do for a blogger.